Job Title: Staff Accountant
Subsidiary: Aero Design
Reports to: Controller
Job Status: Full Time
For 60 years HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronic industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Forbes Magazine has historically ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and
200 “Hot Shot Stocks”. We are currently recruiting a Staff Accountant based in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. This position reports directly to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform month end closing
- Prepare and enter journal entries into accounting system
- Process accounts receivable
- Process accounts payable
- Researching and resolving accounts payable and receivables with customers and vendors
- Matches and reconciles all product invoices with PO’s & receipts.
- Reconciling accounts payable and receivable accounts
- Close daily sales/shipments, send invoices to customers
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet deadlines as well as a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word
- COSMOS and COGNOS experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels including, but not limited to employees, vendors, and senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.